Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book #4- Deadhouse Gates

Book #4
Title: Deadhouse Gates
Steven Erikson
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 864
Pages to Date: 2273

The Good:
Deadhouse Gates is one of the strongest offerings in the Malazan Book of the Fallen. Erikson creates cultures that are rich and feel as if they have the weight of history pressing down on them. The same goes for characters and this book introduces some of the best characters in the series. Duiker, the cynical, fatalistic historian, is one of my favorite characters in the series. I also enjoyed the deeper look the reader gets into characters from the first book such as Fiddler and Kalam.

The Bad:
To be completely honest, this is my favorite book in the series so its very difficult for me to find anything bad about this novel.

The Verdict:
Read this book! By the time I reached the end of this novel I was nearly in tears. Even though it is long it is well worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment